How to add a custom class

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to add a custom class

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jen Baumann 2 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

DigitalC
    Participant

I need to add a custom class to my entry-content div in the html. Can someone help me figure out how to do that? Thanks!

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

Can you explain more what you are trying to accomplish?  Depending on what you are doing, you probably don’t need to add a class to the entry-content div and can either use existing body or post classes.

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

DigitalC
    Participant

I installed a plugin called “Print Friendly and PDF” and I’m having a problem where it is only selecting some of the content on my page to print. Their support response was that I had to add a class called print-friendly to my entry-content div. So that’s what I was trying to do. If there’s an easier way, I’m all for it.

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

I found your post here: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/missing-content-in-print-friendly-page

It is probably better to add a post class.

add_filter('post_class', 'additional_classes');
    function additional_classes($classes) {
    $classes[] = 'myclass';
    return $classes;
    }

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

DigitalC
    Participant

And that would go in the functions file?

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

Yes, it would :0)

DigitalC
    Participant

Hey, sorry for the delay, just wanted to let you know that worked and got me where I wanted to be! Thanks so much for your help.

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

Glad that worked! You’re very welcome!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How to add a custom class’ is closed to new replies.