How To Add Comment Count To Pages

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How To Add Comment Count To Pages

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mezzers 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mezzers
    Participant

I am using the Metro theme, and the comment count is showing on posts at the top of the post on the right hand side, but it doesn’t show on pages.

How can I add the comment count to pages?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Mary

braddalton
    Participant

mezzers
    Participant

Hi Brad,

Thank you for the reply and for the link.

I am not a techie, so where would the code suggested on that website get entered? And would it definitely return the comment count on a page or is it only for a blog post?

Thank you so much for the help, I really appreciate it!

Mary

braddalton
    Participant

Its purely an example. You would need to modify it for comments on pages i think.

Normally the comment count isn’t visible on pages because they normally don’t include a comment form.

mezzers
    Participant

Thanks Brad. I really do appreciate the help.

I discovered that I can add the shortcode [post_comments] to the actual page and it will display the counter. I tried inserting it at the top of the page, just before the content, but it doesn’t fit well, but I can add it to the bottom of the page, after the last line of the content, and it works fine there.

When I put it at the top of the page, it creates a huge gap between the headline and the content which looks weird and unnatural. While I would prefer to have it at the top of the page, I will settle for having it at the bottom, because at least then I have the counter.

Thanks again Brad for digging out that URL for me and for all your input. I am very grateful! :)

Mary

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.