How to add image to Home Page Featured Right?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to add image to Home Page Featured Right?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

placeshifter
    Participant

I’m working with the Balance theme.

It has a Home Featured Right section under widgets.

It would be the red “Sign up for Email” section in the demo: http://my.studiopress.com/themes/balance/

I’d like to put an image there instead but I see no widget for doing so (only text or other standard widgets).

Could someone tell me how I can get this done and what size the image should be optimally?

Thank you.

placeshifter
    Participant

Apparently having an image take up that entire space will require CSS customization.

Would anyone be able to help me figure out what to change?

placeshifter
    Participant

I changed the below class to margin 5px.  Seems to have gotten the image to fill up most of the space.   Now trying to figure out how to get that entire container larger so the image can also be larger…

.home-featured-right .widget {
    margin: 5px;
    }

Pixel Frau
    Participant

Do you have a link to your site? And what size do you want the image to be?

anitac
    Participant

You can use the Image Widget which will allow you to set the image size you want – http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/image-widget/.

Home-Featured-Right is 430px wide. Given there is padding in there, I would start by adjusting the image size to 300px and then increase/decrease based on your image.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

placeshifter
    Participant

Thank you.  That did the trick.

anitac
    Participant

You’re welcome. If you need further assistance open a new discussion.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How to add image to Home Page Featured Right?’ is closed to new replies.