How to Add JQuery Carousel To Widget Area

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to Add JQuery Carousel To Widget Area

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  gwils 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

gwils
    Participant

Hi i’d like to add an image Carousel in a widgetted area on my home page based on this tutorial

http://www.nikolakis.net/liquidcarousel/

But I don’t know how to call the scripts. I tried dropping the script along with the html in a text widget, but that doesn’t seem to work. Can you help or suggest a better/easy way to accomplish this.

Thanks

ps. working on a locally hosted site so no link available.

braddalton
    Participant

If you already have the widget area, it would be far easier to use a plugin which already includes installation of all the files required to make the carousel.

Another option is to use the native WordPress media functions and create a row of thumbnails which you can then add to a widget using the shortcodes WordPress includes for inserting galleries. It won’t scroll like some plugins offer but you could install Slim Jetpack for added effects.

Installing a carousel manually can be a lot of hard work as its very technical.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

gwils
    Participant

I agree, this carousal is more trouble than I anticipated. I will go with your suggestion and just create a row of thumbnails.

Thanks for responding. Much appreciated.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.