How to add pages to genesis theme 1.9.1

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to add pages to genesis theme 1.9.1

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Zanet 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Zanet
    Participant

I am using the Prose Child Theme and cannot add new pages. What to do?

Just Me
    Participant

What is happening when you try to add a new page?

If you can add the page in the dashboard, but it’s not showing up on the site, it’s because you need to create a menu and/or add the page to the menu.

Zanet
    Participant

I added my page, did the appearance —>menu —> select—> add to menu—> saved it.
    The Subject is showing in navigation, but my page is not linking.
    Then I go back to page. On the right I try and do page attributes picking “parent” but the ‘subject is not showing.
    If I go back to menu and look at the menu on the left is is not showing.

Just Me
    Participant

What page is this happening on?

Zanet
    Participant

bandj
    Participant

Zanet
    Participant

Contact

Just Me
    Participant

Are you using a contact form plugin? If so, have you tried disabling it? Then see if the page is still having issues.

Just Me
    Participant

Also, what template are you using for that page?

Zanet
    Participant

I am using the Prose Child Theme and I am using the Contact Form 7 plugin

Zanet
    Participant

I deactivate the plugin and still cannot get the page to load unto the contact. If I go back to pages and try and link it to parent the contact is not showing there but it is showing when I do the menu etc.

Zanet
    Participant

Michelle,

I have figured it out. Was reading about the different templates in wordpress.com and then made played around a little and it is working! Head is killing me, don’t know if I know what I did, but is is there!

Thank you for your help!!
    (Still don’t know what template I am using though)

Just Me
    Participant

Yea!!! I’m glad you were able to figure it out. If you look on the right column of your pages editor, you should see a a box called Page Attributes. In this section is a drop down box where you can pick the template for the page.

Zanet
    Participant

I did the default but not the order. I think that is where I went wrong. Not sure. :-( Silly me.

Michelle, question how will I find the type of template that I am using? I am trying to learn what I am doing.

Just Me
    Participant

If it says default in the drop down box, then that is the template you’re using. If you didn’t change that, then the template probably wasn’t the issue.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.