How to add pagination on Metro theme homepage that uses widgets

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to add pagination on Metro theme homepage that uses widgets

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 20 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  hc2 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

schnitzelboy
    Participant

I’d like to add pagination to the homepage of my Metro-themed homepage. I’ve tried the Genesis Featured Widget Amplified plugin/widget, but as you can see at my site (thesocialwhat.com) the pagination appears, yet doesn’t work.

Any tips/ideas how I can make this work is most appreciated. Thanks!

AngelaEloise
    Participant

That is exactly what I’ve been trying to do!

Rather than using a plugin, I was advised to edit the home.php to include or  move the post loop outside the widget area. I haven’t been able to figure it out though; having syntax errors.

Do you know how to do that?

schnitzelboy
    Participant

No I don’t. I typically rely on widgets etc to make these types of changes…largely so I don’t mess things up too much.

BrianB
    Participant

I’m also trying to work this out. I can’t believe how difficult it is with a widgeted theme. So many sites use pagination so there has to be an answer.

@ AngelaEloise – How were you advised to edit the home.php file? If you can post up the instructions, I’ll give it a go and see if I can get it to work.

ri001
    Participant

any answer to how we can get pagination on our homepage somebody?

Marco
    Participant

You cannot do it without an heavy modification on how the theme’s home page works.
    You’ve got to remove the home-bottom widget-area and place there a custom loop instance.

ri001
    Participant

is it safer or smarter to just make another category called “home” or something, and select all post. Then use the option “Show Category Archive Link” (here’s an example I found… http://www.sliceofscifi.com/ )

braddalton
    Participant

You could add the WordPress next and previous post/page tag in a custom function, Simple hooks plugin with conditional tag or paste it into your home.php file.

Using a custom function is the best method.

Change the conditional tag and hook position if needed.

Code not displaying? grab it on Github.

braddalton
    Participant

You could also install the WP Page Navi plugin and use their code in the custom function.

ri001
    Participant

the pagination has been added but its not working. How to use the same code on homepage as the code given is for single post page.

braddalton
    Participant

Change the conditional tag in the code above from[php]is_single [/php] to [php]is_home[/php]

ri001
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply. I’m still having issues. This code is showing a single older/previous post… not pagination.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  ri001.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  ri001.

ri001
    Participant

anyone?

ri001
    Participant

Any support on supplying the code to add pagination on the homepage?

pesunites
    Participant

Hey Genesis community!

I currently have the same issue. Any solutions so far?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.