How to add "previous articles" on homepage

Community Forums Forums General Discussion How to add "previous articles" on homepage

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ted
    Participant

On the homepage where I show teaser posts, there’s no link at the bottom for readers to click on to go to older posts. How can I add that in? And on the 2nd page for example, there will then be links for “older posts” and “newer posts”, how can I do these?

Susan Nelson
    Participant

Can you share a link to your site so we can take a look? Also, which theme are you using?

Susan Nelson | Oh, Hello Designs | Twitter | Facebook

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,

Here’s a possible way, but it very much depends on how your theme is set up.  You can make a Page called Home, choose the “Blog” template in the template dropdown, and save.

Then you set your site to use that Page as Home.  (Settings…. Reading…)  That makes the homepage very bloggy.   :-)  You will probably need to update your main menu, too, and possibly others.

Keep in mind that this may remove the cool teaser Post scenario you have.  Many themes have a super fancy homepage template built in, and if so, my plan would not work without additional changes or custom programming.

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Ted
    Participant

My site is http://www.quantummarketer.com, and I am using the Lifestyle theme.

David Chu
    Participant

I don’t have Lifestyle, so I can’t offer any specifics beyond my suggestions above.  But it is pretty clearly a custom loop on home, so probably a programmer needed to get what you want, which is further customization as opposed to a small tweak, unless the theme has unusually fancy admin settings for the Homepage.

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.