How to add videos to your pages

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to add videos to your pages

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  media317 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rapidweb
    Participant

I am new to the wonderful world of WordPress and the Genesys framework. I already created 4 sites and I am very happy with the results.
    I never did this before.

I would like to know what is the best way to add videos to pages. Is it better to have them hosted on YouTube or Vimeo and then just inserted in the page?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  rapidweb.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  rapidweb.

media317
    Participant

Unless you have a hosting service that is setup to stream video, I would definitely host it on YouTube or Vimeo or some other video service.If you use YouTube or Vimeo, you can simple past the url or embed code into your page and WordPress will display the video.See this for an example

Alan Smith
    Media317

media317
    Participant

Unless you have a hosting service that is setup to stream video, I would definitely host it on YouTube or Vimeo or some other video service.

If you use YouTube or Vimeo, you can simple past the url or embed code into your page and WordPress will display the video.

See this for an example

Alan Smith
    Media317

rapidweb
    Participant

Thank you for your quick reply! Quick question. Which do you prefer, Youtube or Vimeo?

media317
    Participant

I prefer Vimeo for quality, but YouTube for search.  I like to use the right tool for the job.  Videos that I create that are for tutorials or lessons that quality is important, I use Vimeo.  When its a tutorial or lesson that I want to use for lead generating, traffic, etc, I tend to use YouTube.  Depends on the purpose.

Alan Smith
    Media317

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.