How to block spam comments on my blog?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion How to block spam comments on my blog?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Bill Murray 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Guillermina
    Participant

Hello again … Somebody can help me, I need to block the spam comments that comes to my site’s blog.
    How do I do? ….. Any plugin recommended for this?

Susan

Askimet

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/akismet/

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Elizabeth Crane
    Participant

There are a few plugins for this but I like to use Comment Luv. The free version should work but their premium one is even more awesome.

Guillermina
    Participant

Susan, akismet have to pay?? There are some free??

giraffeweb
    Participant

Yes there are fees with askimet if it is used for business but free for a personal blog. I have several legacy accounts from when it was free and it is working wonderfully with those.

Judy

Susan

As Judy indicated, it’s free for a personal blog, and is what I use for my own blog.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Guillermina
    Participant

thanks, apparently had already acquired the API key, but the person who managed the site was … and are getting many spam comments: (

Bill Murray
    Participant

@Guillermina – There’s a difference between getting a spam comment and identifying a comment as spam. Akismet helps to do the latter – that is, it helps to identify a comment as spam. That makes it easy to confirm a group of comments is all spam and to delete them in bulk (or let Akismet auto-delete them). Akismet can’t stop someone (a robot or a live person) from making a spam comment.

Other tools help to block a spammer from making a comment, but that might discourage real commenters. The more blocks you put up, the fewer real comments you’ll get. One popular plugin for blocking spam is Spam Free WordPress.

Web: https://wpperform.com or Twitter: @wpperform

We do managed WordPress hosting.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.