How To Build Theme From Scratch?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion How To Build Theme From Scratch?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  vividvilla 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

workinprogress
    Participant

Hey I am coming from Thesis 2.0 and I am wondering how to start building a Genesis 2.0 Theme from the ground up?

Where do I start? I do not really see any info on this, I don’t want a pre-made theme to modify I want to start from zero.

I have to admit Thesis 2.0 seems a lot more suited to this unless there are hidden features I am not seeing?

All I see is some widgets.. I am hoping I do not have to actually go into the wordpress theme editor and actually write code because if that is the case I will probably want to run for the hills screaming and tearing my hair out..

AC
    Blocked

Genesis 2.0 is still in Beta, actually now in Beta 2. They haven’t announce when it will be released so you could start with the Beta and the Sample 2.0 theme on a demo or test site for practice. There are a number of blogs out right now on Genesis 2.0 and what’s coming up, CSS3, HTML5, etc. You can read this to see if it helps – http://www.studiopress.com/news/genesis-2-0-resources.htm.

workinprogress
    Participant

Thanks I already checked some of that out.. very nice but I am no coder nor am I someone who wants to use a pre made theme I am at the stage where I feel the need design my own.. but without the need to know programming so I guess I am in need of a refund unless Genesis will be doing drag n drop something like thesis 2? Oh well I tried.. I just don’t have the kind of time it takes to learn how to code html, css, and php.

AC
    Blocked

Well, your initial question was how to build a theme from scratch. If you want to build from scratch then you need to have some type of skillsets to do that. Your response indicated that you don’t want to build from scratch, you want something already built – you just want to be able to drag and drop the widget areas where you want them. If you want a refund, contact support.

vividvilla
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.