How to change custom menu colour

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to change custom menu colour

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  alison.barr 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

alison.barr

Hello, I hope someone will be able to help me. I am using the executive pro theme with the custom menu. I think the menu needs to be a different colour (green) and in bold to stand out properly. My site is: http://www.thegreenrooms.net/

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Many thanks in advance, Alison.

http://www.thegreenrooms.net

pxforti
    Participant

you will have to write some css rules to change the menu color. There are no settings in the template for doing that.

writeNowDesign
    WordPress and Ecommerce Website Design

alison.barr

Thanks for the advice pxforti – I’m not sure how to write css rules as I’ve never done that before. Would you be able to help me work out where to start?
    Thanks a lot.

pxforti
    Participant

in your style.css file, on line 1955, you will see the start of the green color css rules. If you don’t already know css, there’s no easy way to explain how to do it. It will require several changes.

writeNowDesign

alison.barr

Thanks for the advice. I’m willing to learn css as it seems that it is sometimes the only way to make changes. Can you recommend a site to learn this?

Also, how do I access my style.css file?

Thanks a lot.

pxforti
    Participant

Codeacademy is a great place to start: http://www.codecademy.com/tracks/web

Very easy to use, interactive lessons.

writeNowDesign

alison.barr

Thanks a lot pxforti.

Has anyone done this before and wouldn’t mind sharing their code with me?

erolemed

Hi, I have the same problem. I want to change the menu colour from fray to white. Blending with the background (www.engjigyotenkai.com). Did you get to do it?

bests

erolemed

Hi again, I changed header widget menu, primary navigation, and secondary navigation background menu colour codes in both Genesis and Execuuttive Pro style.css files, nothing changed in the website. Any ideas most appreciated.

pxforti
    Participant

On line 1108 of style.css, change background-color to #fff:

.genesis-nav-menu {
    background-color: #fff
    clear: both;
    color: #666;
    font-size: 14px;
    font-size: 1.4rem;
    line-height: 1.5;
    margin: 0;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 0;
    width: 100%;
    }

writeNowDesign

erolemed

Hi pxforti, thanks for this tip. It worked! great stuff. Now I have to find my hosting account for other site. I have Godaddy hosting account for jigyotenkai.com with a different domain name for English (engjigyotenkai.com) site. The change did the job for the Japanese, now I have to find where the style.css is hidden for the engjigyotenkai.com account. Thank you very much.

erolemed

So its all fixed for the background colour issue. thank you very much again.

alison.barr

I tried to learn css with the links you suggested pxforti and I am getting on ok but still haven’t changed my menu colour. I will use the code you sugegst above. Can you please tell me how I access the style.css in order to make the changes. Many thanks!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.