How to change homepage description

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to change homepage description

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dan B 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

matteoduo
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m working on Minimum theme and I’d like to change homepage description with custom text:
    currently the Minimum theme shows what’s in my general info section, but I’d like to show something different.

I’ve been told to modify the page-title.php file, specifically the following line:
    if ( is_home() ) {
    echo '' . esc_html( get_bloginfo( 'description' ) ) . '' . __( 'Subscribe Now', 'minimum' ) . '';

but I don’t know what code I need to add to get my desired result.

Anyone can help me figure out this?
    Hope so… :)

NRay
    Participant

You can actually do this directly in the WordPress Dashboard. On the left click on the Genesis Tab > SEO Options. Then you can edit your Home Page Description right there.

matteoduo
    Participant

@NRay: Minimu theme shows the description in the homepage next to a “Subscribe” button.
    I’d like to leave my actual description but edit the text showed in the homepage

Maybe this could help my point:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o6flx8u3jj1svmb/description%20minimum%20theme%20.png

Dan B
    Participant

Simple. Open the page-title.php doc and make this change:

Old:
    `if ( is_home() ) {
    echo ” . esc_html( get_bloginfo( ‘description’ ) ) . ‘‘ . __( ‘Talk to us’, ‘minimum’ ) . ‘‘;
    }
    `

New:
    `
    if ( is_home() ) {
    echo ” . __( ‘type your custom text here’, ‘minimum’ ) . ‘‘ . __( ‘And make a custom button too’, ‘minimum’ ) . ‘‘;
    }
    `

EDIT: Actually, some of the code is disappearing here. Not sure why. But you should be able to figure it out of you look at the other code snippets below the Home code in the same document. :-)

Dan @ ZindaMedia
    Freelance web development and design for non-profits and small businesses.

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by  Dan B. Reason: missing code
    • This reply was modified 10 months ago by  Dan B. Reason: missing code
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.