How to change page-title.php formatting controls?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to change page-title.php formatting controls?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MM 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

MM
    Participant

Hi there,

On http://www.hayleywebb.com... (minimum theme) I’m trying to change page-title.php so the following happens:

On blog category pages > page-title = name of category

On singular pages > page-title = name of page (eg. Contact, About)

On blog post page > page-title = name of post title

Current page-title.php code is displayed below.  Anyone know how to achieve that?

Thanks!

<?php

if ( is_home() ) {
    echo ‘<div id=”page-title”><div class=”wrap”><p>’ . esc_html( get_bloginfo( ‘description’ ) ) . ‘</p></div></div>’;
    }
    elseif ( is_404() ) {
    echo ‘<div id=”page-title”><div class=”wrap”><p>’ . __( ‘Ooops!’, ‘minimum’ ) . ‘</p></div></div>’;
    }
    elseif ( is_post_type_archive( ‘portfolio’ ) || is_singular( ‘portfolio’) ) {
    echo ‘<div id=”page-title”><div class=”wrap”><p>’ . __( ‘From the Portfolio’, ‘minimum’ ) . ‘</p></div></div>’;
    }
    elseif ( is_singular( ‘page’ ) ) {
    echo ‘<div id=”page-title”><div class=”wrap”><p>’ . esc_html( get_bloginfo( ‘description’ ) ) . ‘</p></div></div>’;
    }
    elseif ( is_author() || is_category() || is_date() || is_search() || is_singular() || is_tag() ) {
    echo ‘<div id=”page-title”><div class=”wrap”><p>’ . __( ‘From the Blog’, ‘minimum’ ) . ‘</p></div></div>’;
    }
    else {
    }

firstname_galo
    Participant

I would like to know how to do this as well.

Hayley, I like the website so far. I have a couple of questions for you:

How did you go about changing the the home featured icons to the yoga icon, heart, email icon, etc.
    Where can I find the Subscribe and Connect widget with all the social media icons.
    Finally, how did you move the tagline header (Push your Limits. Embrace your Passion. Make things Happen.) beneath you main slider on the homepage?

Thanks. Hopefully someone knows how  to change the page title controls.

MM
    Participant

Hi Firstname_galo

Thanks and here’s quick answers:

1) Check out this thread:

http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/minimum-theme-how-to-change-the-homepage-social-icon-image-and-link/

2) Think the slider is just above the text in the appearance > widgets section.

Good luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.