How to change the background color?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to change the background color?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sunil 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Sunil
    Participant

Ok. I’ve read your post and that seems very scary indeed!

I’ll try doing that and if anything goes wrong, hope you can help fix it for me.

Besides as I was earlier mentioning about the background color, I can see that you have a white background for your content area and you have a big mountain background behind it.

Currently I can change the background color after you have helped installed the custom background function. I have changed it to slight gray but I want my content area to remain white. How do I do that?

If its really too much a hassle to customize this theme, then will you be able to recommend a theme for me? Or should I just take the Agency theme instead?

Sunil
    Participant

Hi Brad,

Ok. I’ve read your post and that sounds pretty scary. I’ll try to do that tomorrow. Just in case, if something goes wrong, hope you can help to fix it for me.

I notice that your website has a nice mountain background while your content area is white. Currently, I can only change the background color after you have helped me installed the custom background function. I’ve change it to a slight gray shading and it has become gray the entire background of my site.

But I want my content area to be white. So how can I do that?

Or do you think I should just switch to the Agency theme instead if it is all too much a hassle for me to customize this theme? Or do you have any recommendations?

Sunil
    Participant

Hi Brad,

Ok. I’ve read your post and that sounds pretty scary. I’ll try to do that tomorrow. Just in case, if something goes wrong, hope you can help to fix it for me.

I notice that your website has a nice mountain background while your content area is white. Currently, I can only change the background color after you have helped installed the custom background function. I’ve change it to a slight gray shading and it has become gray the entire background of my site.

But I want my content area to be white. So how can I do that?

Or do you think I should just switch to the Agency theme instead if it is all too much a hassle for me to customize this theme? Or do you have any recommendations?

braddalton
    Participant

Put this in your child themes style.css file (Not Your Functions.php)

body {
    background-color: #F7F7F7;
    }

or add an image for the background rather than a color.

You might want to change the background in the Background page back to the default of white

No keep the same theme and just install Genesis Simple Hooks and Easing Slider.

Adding the slider is easy.

Sunil
    Participant

Hi Brad,

I’ve placed these codes in my style sheet.

body {
    background-color: #F7F7F7;
    }

And then I changed the custom background color to white. I still see the whole site in white color. I don’t see the grey tone at the back of my content area.

Please help.

Sunil
    Participant

I’ve managed to insert a banner with the help of the simple hooks plugin. How do I remove that orange long banner below my image banner?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.