How to Change the Size of Featured Post Widget Image

Community Forums Forums General Discussion How to Change the Size of Featured Post Widget Image

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  NewSeasonDesign 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

thedigitalcomic
    Participant

Team StudioPress,

I’m using an older version of the Corporate theme with current Genesis (1.9.1), and I want to widen the image of the Featured Widget from 610px to 750px.  I’ve made adjustments in the theme functions, but the image size still doesn’t change (though the option in the drop down on the widget now reads 750×225 instead of 610×225).

Where is the CSS or function that controls the Featured Widget image?  Or is there a code snippet that I can insert into the functions.php that will made the adjustment?

Thanks!

Site in progress is http://demo1.uwspublishing.com

NewSeasonDesign
    Participant

What about adding/changing this in the custom.css file?

#featured-top .featuredpost img, #featured-top .featuredpage img {width:750px;}

It looks like you would also need to set .featured-top-gallery to a taller height to accomodate the 225px height you want for the image.

thedigitalcomic
    Participant

That worked!  Awesome!  Here I was trying to figure out how to reach deep into Genesis or something, and all I needed was a simple CSS tweak…

I guess sometimes I just over think it…;)

NewSeasonDesign
    Participant

I’m the queen of always trying things the hard way first. :) Glad it worked!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘How to Change the Size of Featured Post Widget Image’ is closed to new replies.