How to change the width of Sidebar-Content-Sidebar Layout Settings

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to change the width of Sidebar-Content-Sidebar Layout Settings

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Erin Ulrich 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Gordy
    Participant

How can I increase the width of the secondary bar?

The small sidebar on the left cannot fit a youtube video of 150 width perfectly and am wondering what are the type of content that the left sidebar of the secondary sidebar will be useful for?

• This topic was modified 1 year ago by  Gordy.
    • This topic was modified 1 year ago by  Gordy.
    http://www.afroscandic.com

Erin Ulrich
    Participant

You can make this change in the style.css file of your child theme. I looked at your site and didn’t see the secondary sidebar on the left, so I’m wondering if you decided not to use it.

Erin Ulrich | Design by Insight | @erinulrich

Gordy
    Participant

Thanks Erin,
    You didn’t see it because, when I chose the “sidebar-content-sidebar” option in the layout settings, it shrinks the content and some of the content and video of width:640 was pushed to the right sidebar.

SO, I used it only where the content will not be pushed to the sidebar. E.g. http://afroscandic.com/afrowood-film-festival-2013/

Question:
    1. Can you point exactly to where/what I need to look for in the style.css file to make the change?

2. Is it possible to also have the secondary sidebar i.e. “sidebar-content-sidebar” on the homepage?

Erin Ulrich
    Participant

You want to look for #sidebar-alt in the style.css.

To have the secondary sidebar on the home page, you would need to edit your home page template (home.php). It’s certainly possible, but the theme isn’t built that way out of the box as far as I know. I haven’t worked specifically with the old version of Streamline.

Erin Ulrich | Design by Insight | @erinulrich

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.