How to Control Genesis Framework Responsiveness?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion How to Control Genesis Framework Responsiveness?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Davinder Singh Kainth 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Escendrix
    Participant

This is my first post, so I apologize if I am posting in the wrong place, or if my questions are not fit for the forum.

I have bought the Genesis Framework theme and I have made a child theme. The problem I am having is understanding how the responsiveness works. I am somewhat new to html and css, but I have used responsive frameworks in the past such as the Skeleton framework from http://www.getskeleton.com/.

With the Skeleton framework, I can specify how many columns I want my content to take up, so it’s very easy for me to create layouts for my content, and the responsive part works right off the bat. If I have two columns side-by-side, once I shrink my browser, the column on the right will go automatically under the left one. I don’t want to waste my time explaining how this works, and I don’t want to bore the people who already understand this, so I’ll get to the point.

How do I do the same thing with the Genesis framework? I am having a hard time understanding how I can control the responsiveness of my website, powered by WordPress of course. I have tried to just float items next to each other for my layout, but the problem is that it’s too messy; it’s unpredictable. Part of that problem is that the Genesis is fluid, so that it’s always changing even if you shrink the browser just a few pixels. Is there a way to change the framework so it works more like the Skeleton framework, in that it is not fluid, but has a few media queries that specify exact pixel widths. I would rather have a website that responds depending on what pixel width range I’m in, instead of it always being responsive at virtual every browser size. I am wondering if there is a modification for the Genesis Framework to allow me to do this? If not, I would love to know how to make the fluid responsiveness more predictable and more controllable.

Thanks for reading.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Escendrix.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Escendrix.

Look for “media queries” for different width layouts in the end part of style.css file of your child theme to customize responsive behavior of theme elements.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.