How to control spammy comments?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion How to control spammy comments?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Susan Nelson 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

javatution

What is the best way to control spammy comments in wordpress?
    What is the best free plugin available?

Anita
    Participant

There is a default plugin in your installation called “Akismet” – activate that and set up and account with them. It works great, at least for me and it’s a WordPress product.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

javatution

Yes Anitac, but Akismet is a paid thing.. Do we have any free way to control spammy comments.

Anita
    Participant

There is a free version of Akismet. Also, you can control your spam by going to Settings > Discussion.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!

javatution

To get the key it asks creditcard information

Anita
    Participant

Please re-read the screens one by one – there is a Free version there that does not require a credit card. It may be smaller print.

Susan Nelson
    Participant

I’ve been getting inundated with spam comments on one of my sites even though I have Akismet running. I installed the Invisible Captcha plugin and it put an immediate stop to it. http://wordpress.org/plugins/invisible-captcha/

Susan Nelson | Oh, Hello Designs | Twitter | Facebook

Anita
    Participant

Thanks for sharing that Susan! By any chance would you know if it would work for bbPress forums?

Susan Nelson
    Participant

No problem! I’m not sure if it will work for forums. I would test, but I recently removed my forums. Sorry about that!

Susan Nelson | Oh, Hello Designs | Twitter | Facebook

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.