How to create affiliate links with "/go" in the link…

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to create affiliate links with "/go" in the link…

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Chris Moore 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Chris Moore
    Participant

Hello,

I have noticed that a number of sites out there have their affiliate links coded in a nicer way. For example, when linking to a Genesis Framework page with an affiliate link, the link reads:

mysite.com/go/genesis

…then the affiliate link flashes in the url bar at the top of the browser and then it links directly to the affiliate site.

What is this type of linking process called, and how do I implement it?

Thanks!

Resepctfully, Chris Moore
    Web Dev, CSS Hacks, & Biz Consulting @ MooreCreativeIdeas.com / Blogging @ ReflectOnThis.com

AC
    Blocked

It’s called “URL Cloaking.” The GoCode plugin is on the WordPress repository for download and installation, however it looks like it hasn’t been updated in 2 years. Not to say it won’t work, but that it hasn’t been updated in that long of a time. You can search the repository for other Affiliate Cloaking plugins.

braddalton
    Participant

Another plugin you can try is the Genesis Simple URL’s plugin.

This plugin enables you to create custom links like yourdomain/go/buygenesis links and tracks them for you

AC
    Blocked

@braddalton, that’s a great plugin and tip! I didn’t know about that one.

Chris Moore
    Participant

Thanks @anitac and @braddalton!

I will definitely be checking out the Genesis Simple URL’s plugin…

Resepctfully, Chris Moore
    Web Dev, CSS Hacks, & Biz Consulting @ MooreCreativeIdeas.com / Blogging @ ReflectOnThis.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.