How to cure a "Parse error", having done the obvious

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to cure a "Parse error", having done the obvious

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  noah 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

noah
    Participant

I was added this to my functions.php on the News child theme in order to thumbnail posts. But it did not work:
    /* Custom code goes below this line. */
    add_theme_support( ‘post-thumbnails’ );
    set_post_thumbnail_size( 50, 50, true );
    /* Custom code goes above this line. */
    ?>

What it did do was give me error messages that I cannot get rid of.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘<’ in /home/leasehol/public_html/genesisdevelopment/wp-content/themes/news/functions.php on line 110

I can get into the site, but not create posts, media etc or get into plugins. I have gone into the file at cPanel and deleted the new material. I have also FTP-ed a new News child theme – twice. I am still getting the message. I did not touch the Genesis function.php file.

I am exploring Genesis to renew an existing website and am attempting to reproduce the News theme as show on Studiopress. Not easy at all.

http://www.genesisdevelopment.leaseholdknowledge.com

Thanks, Noah

noah
    Participant

Oh. It appeared quitting Safari and coming back again after making a cup of tea fixed this. I must have been too impatient.

All I am trying to do is recreate the  bullet point short articles on News. Where it says Featured music and Today’s headlines.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.