How to cure a "Parse error", having done the obvious

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to cure a "Parse error", having done the obvious

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  noah 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I was added this to my functions.php on the News child theme in order to thumbnail posts. But it did not work:
    /* Custom code goes below this line. */
    add_theme_support( ‘post-thumbnails’ );
    set_post_thumbnail_size( 50, 50, true );
    /* Custom code goes above this line. */

What it did do was give me error messages that I cannot get rid of.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘<‘ in /home/leasehol/public_html/genesisdevelopment/wp-content/themes/news/functions.php on line 110

I can get into the site, but not create posts, media etc or get into plugins. I have gone into the file at cPanel and deleted the new material. I have also FTP-ed a new News child theme – twice. I am still getting the message. I did not touch the Genesis function.php file.

I am exploring Genesis to renew an existing website and am attempting to reproduce the News theme as show on Studiopress. Not easy at all.

Thanks, Noah

Oh. It appeared quitting Safari and coming back again after making a cup of tea fixed this. I must have been too impatient.

All I am trying to do is recreate the  bullet point short articles on News. Where it says Featured music and Today’s headlines.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.