How To Customize Individual Category Pages in WordPress?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion How To Customize Individual Category Pages in WordPress?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pixel Frau 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

qasimzaib
    Participant

Hello!

I am new to WordPress development, and am working to customize my WordPress site (powered by the Genesis theme framework). I would like to customize individual category pages on my site.

For example, for each category page, WordPress shows a list of all posts under that category. But what If I wanted to, let’s say, for categories with no posts in them, display a line that says something like “More from this %category% coming soon!”. Or, display a line of text at the top that says “39 posts in this category”, or something similar?

Thanks in advance :)

http://www.techeclipse.com

Pixel Frau
    Participant

Go to Posts > Categories and click Edit for one of the categories. Under Category Archive Settings, enter whatever text you want to appear at the top of the category archive page in the ‘Archive Intro Text’ field. Then save your changes.

Julia
    ===============
    Need help customizing your Genesis child theme? Come visit me at Pixel Frau.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.