How to customize the featured image on Genesis Sample theme?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to customize the featured image on Genesis Sample theme?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  monicahrb14 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

monicahrb14

So I’m a newbie in customizing Genesis and I’m just starting to figure out how to do some things but I have a problem I can’t really find a solution for.
    On other themes that I’ve used before with featured images, it resized the images no matter the original size. And now I need to first cut them an then upload them. And stills they’re not always the same size. I installed the theme on one of my websites – http://intoxicatingvampires.org and as you can see the images on the first page are all different in width. They’re all 300px high but the width is different – 845px, 837px and 830px. And I just want them to be as wide as the black border on the post info section.
    I’m also using a plugin to resize the featured images – Katalyst TimThumb but I don’t think it’s working properly.

Here’s what I have in functions.php I was told it’s alright but still if you need it. I’ve put a bigger width just to see if it’ll get bigger but it doesn’t.

/** Add support for featured image **/
    remove_action( ‘genesis_entry_content’, ‘genesis_do_post_image’, 8 );
    add_action( ‘genesis_entry_header’, ‘genesis_do_post_image’, 3 );

add_theme_support( ‘genesis_do_post_image’ );
    add_image_size( ‘home-thumb’, ‘featured attachment-‘, 900, 300, TRUE );

I’m sorry if my explanation is too confusing, I’m just learning how to do stuff and I’m a little confused myself.

• This topic was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  monicahrb14.
    http://intoxicatingvampires.org

genwrock

install force regenerate thumbnail plugin and regenerate all the thumbnails again. Hope that it will solve your issue

See My PRO Genesis Child Themes | Need Genesis Developer? | Follow Me on Twitter

monicahrb14

I tried and nothing changed.
    I believe there’s something that’s making the images resize according to the height. Because they’re always 300px high and the width is always different.

genwrock

I think that it is creating the issue. Can you replace

add_image_size( ‘home-thumb’, ‘featured attachment-’, 900, 300, TRUE );

by

add_image_size( 'home-thumb', 900, 300, TRUE );

See My PRO Genesis Child Themes | Need Genesis Developer? | Follow Me on Twitter

monicahrb14

Finally, it worked! Thank you so much! :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘How to customize the featured image on Genesis Sample theme?’ is closed to new replies.