How to customize the featured image on Genesis Sample theme?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to customize the featured image on Genesis Sample theme?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  monicahrb14 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

monicahrb14

So I’m a newbie in customizing Genesis and I’m just starting to figure out how to do some things but I have a problem I can’t really find a solution for.
    On other themes that I’ve used before with featured images, it resized the images no matter the original size. And now I need to first cut them an then upload them. And stills they’re not always the same size. I installed the theme on one of my websites – http://intoxicatingvampires.org and as you can see the images on the first page are all different in width. They’re all 300px high but the width is different – 845px, 837px and 830px. And I just want them to be as wide as the black border on the post info section.
    I’m also using a plugin to resize the featured images – Katalyst TimThumb but I don’t think it’s working properly.

Here’s what I have in functions.php I was told it’s alright but still if you need it. I’ve put a bigger width just to see if it’ll get bigger but it doesn’t.

/** Add support for featured image **/
    remove_action( ‘genesis_entry_content’, ‘genesis_do_post_image’, 8 );
    add_action( ‘genesis_entry_header’, ‘genesis_do_post_image’, 3 );

add_theme_support( ‘genesis_do_post_image’ );
    add_image_size( ‘home-thumb’, ‘featured attachment-‘, 900, 300, TRUE );

I’m sorry if my explanation is too confusing, I’m just learning how to do stuff and I’m a little confused myself.

• This topic was modified 5 months ago by  monicahrb14.
    http://intoxicatingvampires.org

Genesis Developer
    Participant

install force regenerate thumbnail plugin and regenerate all the thumbnails again. Hope that it will solve your issue

You can hire me for theme setup or customization work.

monicahrb14

I tried and nothing changed.
    I believe there’s something that’s making the images resize according to the height. Because they’re always 300px high and the width is always different.

Genesis Developer
    Participant

I think that it is creating the issue. Can you replace

add_image_size( ‘home-thumb’, ‘featured attachment-’, 900, 300, TRUE );

by

add_image_size( 'home-thumb', 900, 300, TRUE );

You can hire me for theme setup or customization work.

monicahrb14

Finally, it worked! Thank you so much! :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘How to customize the featured image on Genesis Sample theme?’ is closed to new replies.