how to disable genesis slider

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks how to disable genesis slider

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  annestudiopress 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

annestudiopress
    Participant

Hi,

I am using agentpress with a genesis slider on the home page.  My client just announced that she only has one slide and wants to launch.  Is there an easy way to stop the slider motion and just use the genesis slider to display one image?  I want to leave it in place and not replace it with a static image so she can just add images in the future when she is ready.

Thanks so much.

Susan

If you just one the slider to show one image, in your slider settings, set it up so that only one post/page/listing is included.

Use this link to view the Slider settings (scroll down): http://my.studiopress.com/setup/agentpress-theme/

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

annestudiopress
    Participant

Thanks for your response. I tried that but it just rotates through displaying the one slide over and over.  I need to stop the motion altogether, do you know if there’s a way to do that?  This is my site so you can see the behavior:

http://mcfarlanefield.net/

marybaum
    Participant

You can’t talk her into letting you add two more slides with two more line of copy to extend the message – maybe one with a house and one with a flower garden – so you have a working slider that has a three – slide message? That, I think, will take you less time than messing with the settings to get the one image to stop. ‘Cause I’m pretty sure you can find two more stock images and set them up in about half an hour.

Be it ever so run down, there’s no place like FriendFeed. ;-)

annestudiopress
    Participant

Yes, that’s what I am going to do.  The slides rotating look better than a static image and since it’s not behaving, it’s simply time to add a slide or two. Thanks for the input!

Susan

Great solution!

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

marybaum
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

annestudiopress
    Participant

Thanks for sharing your story :-)  and for all of the good suggestions.

I got this to work by setting the transition time to zero along with using only one slide.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.