How to disable the primary side bar

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to disable the primary side bar

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

calendargirl
    Participant

Hi, I have created a custom menu so that it shows up with the header of my site. However the primary side bar still shows up on all the other pages except the home page. I went t o Genesis settings and disabled ( atleast I thought) the nav bars. Is there another step I am missing in order to disable the primary nav so that it does not show up onANY of the pages? thanks

http://trallenhomes.com/

Susan

You mention Primary Nav, but you also mention Primary Sidebar, so let me address both issues:

To remove the Primary Nav Bar, go to: Dashboard > Menus, and don’t place any menu under “Primary Navigation Menu”

To set your site so that there are no sidebars – go to Dashboard > Genesis > Theme Settings > Default Layout > select the layout you would like (no sidebars)

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

calendargirl
    Participant

Ooops I actually meant Nav menu so thank you. It worked like a charm. :-)

Susan

You’re welcome. I’ll close this thread as “resolved”. Please go ahead and start a new thread if you have more questions.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘How to disable the primary side bar’ is closed to new replies.