How to Display Category RSS as 'Featured Pages'?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to Display Category RSS as 'Featured Pages'?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anita 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

djw2
    Participant

With a company website for employees we have a community blog where everyone can post and share, but the company wants to post its own news to employees separately  so they are using Pages for this. I’ve indicated the pages in a ‘news’ category and would like to display these articles in a home page widget the same as ‘Featured Pages’ looks. How do I do this?

I am using the Backcountry theme and would like it to display in the ‘Home Bottom’ widget section.

Site is protected so I can’t share URL, sorry.

Thanks for any help.

Anita
    Participant

So are you saying you have the RSS feed feeding into a page you have created? You can’t create a category for a page – you create categories for posts. You can use the RSS Feed widget to pull in the content from the blog, use show content and drag it over into a widget area. But not knowing what you have or what theme you are using makes this a bit difficult.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.