How to display Featured Image & Content

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to display Featured Image & Content

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dorian Speed 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

agapeonline
    Participant

How do I make my image show in my featured page AND have Show Page Content set to 500? I have Show Featured Image and Show Page Content checked. It seems as though I can only show the image if Show Page Content is unchecked.

See: A Story of Practical Estate Planning and PROTECTING YOUR WEALTH IN A DIVORCE PROCEEDING in footer widgets.

http://lambariellopilatollc.info

Dorian Speed
    Participant

This is possibly a dumb question, but: are you designating an image as the Featured Image, over there on the right side of the screen when you are composing a post/page? If you don’t do that manually, I believe it just pulls the first image in the post, and it might not do that if you’re using Show Page Content instead of the excerpt.

And – are you using the Genesis Featured Widget Amplified plugin? I always install that instead of using the default Genesis Featured Page widget.

Bringing websites Up to Speed
    Firebug will light the way to understanding the secrets of the Internet!

agapeonline
    Participant

Thanks Dorian! I forgot the set the featured image – argh!!  What’s the advantage of using Genesis Featured Widget Amplified?

Dorian Speed
    Participant

It offers you more ways to customize the output of the widget. Basically, it’s been so long since I used the regular version that I can’t remember all the differences. The plugin was written by Nick Croft, who’s a StudioPress developer, so it’s very reliable.

Bringing websites Up to Speed
    Firebug will light the way to understanding the secrets of the Internet!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.