How to edit Genesis featured posts CSS only in sidebar

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to edit Genesis featured posts CSS only in sidebar

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  LauraJane 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

LauraJane
    Participant

I’m using the Balance theme with several portfolio pages which rely on the featured post widget. I am also wanting to use the featured post widget to display the most recent posts in the sidebar. However, it adopts the styling from the portfolio page which I don’t want in this case. How do I create a new CSS class that would only apply to the featured page widget in the sidebar?

Here’s the example: http://test.stitchfancy.com/2013/04/sew-sew-modern-swap-finished/

I want less space and no divider image between those post images in the sidebar.

AC
    Blocked

Do you know how to use Firebug? You can use it to get the Class ID from the location.

LauraJane
    Participant

Yes, I do use Firebug, and I think I can tell where the CSS that is adding the padding is. The problem is that if I change that it will also change it when that style is applied to the portfolio page (which I don’t want). I need to create a new style for the featuredpost only when it is in the sidebar, and I’m not sure how to do that.

LauraJane
    Participant

Nevermind, I figured it out. For anyone else who might be wondering, I added this:

.widget-area .featuredpost .post {

padding: 0 0 0px;

background: none;

}

I took out the spacing and the divider only when using the featured post widget in the sidebar.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘How to edit Genesis featured posts CSS only in sidebar’ is closed to new replies.