How to edit single.php file?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to edit single.php file?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  katmmad 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

katmmad
    Participant

Hmmn.  I was just advised to put a clear div in my “single.php file” after the #subnav div and before the #inner div.  Opening up Genesis’s single.php file, of course, tells me to only edit the Child Theme… and my Child Theme doesn’t have a single.php file.  Even if I were to just copy the genesis/single.php file, I’m not quite sure how to edit the #subnav div and the #inner div.  Help!  (I did just take a quickie PHP class but this is my first time trying to edit Genesis/Lifestyle using it.  Poking around the forums but thought it might be faster to just write a question… thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this!

thanks,

Kat

f you add a clear div after the #subnav div and before the #inner div, you won’t have this issue. You should be able to do this in your theme’s single.php file.

Example clear div.

<div style="clear:both;"></div>

Anita
    Participant

What are you trying to accomplish?

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

katmmad
    Participant

I’m having a problem where my content is being pushed underneath the header if there are under 10 comments — it was suggested that I fix it with this change.  The original problem was posted here: http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/wp-or-genesis-problem-disappearing-posts/

Anita
    Participant

Did you modify anything in the Functions or PHP file? Have you added any content that requires a <div> element? Sometimes you need to check what you added – this doesn’t sound like an error or glitch in the theme but in something you added somewhere.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!

Anita
    Participant

There is a Facebook iFrame in that Post. When I delete it using Firebug – the post returns to normal. What are you using for those Facebook likes or that iFrame?

Anita
    Participant

I also see a lot of tracking codes on that post too. But if you have an active site and all the plugins are activate, we cannot help you. You should disable all of the plugins and give us an opportunity to look at it free and clear without them.

katmmad
    Participant

I’m going to stick to the other thread, then… I opened two because they seemed like separate (albeit related) problems.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.