How to edit the search form

Community Forums Forums General Discussion How to edit the search form

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  webinc 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

webinc

I’m running the Relevanssi plugin on my site so it can search both WP sites on a multisite network. However, to make it work I need to add an input line to the form creation code:

<input type="hidden" name="searchblogs" value="1,2" />

Can anyone tell me where to put this, and how to add it to my Genesis-powered site running the Dynamik child theme?

I can’t show you the site unless you can add an entry to your hosts file: Its still in development.

nutsandbolts

This tutorial is for adding Google custom search (which I know isn’t what you need) but you might be able to adapt it for Relevanssi – http://rowell.dionicio.net/adding-google-custom-search-to-genesis-framework/

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

webinc

Thanks for that.
    I’ve had a look, and tried to hack something which will work with Relevanssi, but without success yet.

Basically, there are two things I’m trying to do:

1. Manipulate the creation of the search form so that both sites on the network are searched.

2. Format the search results page so that the current site’s results are shown first, and then under a different heading, the other site’s results are listed.

I’m sure there must be someone out there who has succeeded with Relevanssi and Genesis, so I just need to pick their brains about how to do this.

Thanks again. I’m holding out for further advice.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.