How to edit the search results template?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to edit the search results template?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  robertdabarnes 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

robertdabarnes
    Participant

Hi – I’m trying to use Relevanssi for my site search, but part of isn’t working (it’s replacing the links for tags with /other which is my ‘uncategorized’ category).

It looks like it could be because of the following:

In the search results template, avoid get_permalink(), as it doesn’t work. the_permalink() works and returns the correct permalink. You can use relevanssi_get_permalink(), if you don’t want to echo the permalink directly.

Please could somebody tell me how to edit my search results template? I did search for instructions in the forum but no luck.

By the way my site is http://www.superguide.com.au

Thanks in advance

Cheers, Rob

braddalton
    Participant

You should never edit the core Genesis files.

Google custom search is a better solution as its far more accurate and easier to customize and install.

robertdabarnes
    Participant

Thanks Brad – I’ve used Google custom search with a different theme but I’ve had various issues when trying it with Genesis. I don’t want to detail them all here because I’d rather just see if there is a way to get Relevanssi to work since it gives me much more control.

So if Genesis does use get_permalink() whether there is any way that I can change it to the_permalink() without editing the core files? Would this be a custom hook or custom function?

Cheers, Rob

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.