How to get Authors' Gravatars to show?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to get Authors' Gravatars to show?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  zmel 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

zmel
    Participant

I have tried using both the Genesis User Profile widget and the Display Authors Widget and the gravatars do not show up. I created new gmail accounts, added the gravatar to the email at gravatar.com; any ideas why they don’t show?

Can’t leave url since site is under construction, does this link to screenshot help solve the mystery?
    Any suggestions much appreciated!

http://www.blogshopsantafe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/author-gravatar-no-show.jpg

Derek
    Participant

Sometimes it just takes a while for the gravatars to populate.

Once I had a problem with gravatars displaying incorrectly after importing comments from an old WP database into a new one. The problem was within the wp_comments table in the database. The user_id column for each comment had been populated with the user_id of the admin account. To reset and force WordPress to fetch the gravatar as normal, I simply had to set the user_id for each comment to 0.

Derek Rippe – CSS Artist & Genesis Fanboy @ SynaVista and MediaCairn Design Studio
    Figure out your CSS problems with Firebug | Check out my Custom Comment Form Title plugin

zmel
    Participant

That is an interesting theory. I checked the database and the user_ids are all different and unique, and are also reflected correctly in the wp_usermeta. I guess I will have to send an inquiry to gravatar; it has been five days.

zmel
    Participant

Success. Turns out, by changing the Gravatar’s Rating to G from PG made them show up within the hour. Bother. Thank you for the suggestion!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.