How to get rid of span tags on lists in Exec theme?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to get rid of span tags on lists in Exec theme?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SoZo 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Cleo3
    Participant

This is the page I’m having the trouble with:

http://7mileadvantage.us/demo1/champions-ride/champions-ride-sponsorship

I think the font size is too small on the bullets.  I used Firebug to try to figure out what to change in my CSS and found out I have span tags in there.  Where did they come from?  I just used the bulleted list button in the page editor.  Original text was pasted in from a txt file.

So what did I do wrong to end up with span tags in there?  What caused them?  WP?  Executive theme?  Genesis?  How do I stop this from happening in the future?  That’s the real key.  I could delete all those spans but I want to be able to make lists quickly without deleting spans next time too.

Thanks in advance.

SoZo

There’s nothing in Genesis or the Child themes that would have inserted inline styling. You can add inline styling in the page editor but it doesn’t do it automatically.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

Cleo3
    Participant

Hey, thanks for the response!

Well, that’s good news.  Thought I was going to have to never use the list button again.  If I figure out what caused it or continue to have the problem I’ll update this but in the meantime, I’ll just delete those spans and not worry about this happening again!

Thanks – good news.

SoZo

You’re welcome :)

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.