How To Get The "read more" tag to display when using featured widget amplifed

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How To Get The "read more" tag to display when using featured widget amplifed

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rick4him 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

rick4him
    Participant

Can someone please help me figure out how to get the “read more” tag to appear when using this plug in. My excerpt is showing, but the read more tag doesn’t show up. Can someone give me a hand please?

Thanks.

http://noahsdad.com/

Susan

You can either select to show the content limit to cut off the content and automatically show the more link or you will need some custom code to add the more link to the excerpt.

Here is an official code snippet from the WordPress codex on how to do that:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Customizing_the_Read_More#Displaying_a_.22more.E2.80.A6.22_link_when_using_the_the_excerpt.28.29

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

rick4him
    Participant

Thanks Susan, however I’m using the featured post amplified widget on the home page to show those posts, so would that still work?

Susan

Yes it will.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

rick4him
    Participant

Cool, thanks. Since I”m using a child theme does that matter? I see something in those notes that using a child theme may mean you need to do something different.

rick4him
    Participant

Any thoughts? It looks like when I did it only the first post had the “read more” tag…and the read more read more tag didn’t look the same as it look when i select the content limit ..

any thoughts on this?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.