How to have or add only top and bottom borders on navigation bar? Centering?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion How to have or add only top and bottom borders on navigation bar? Centering?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ellenstevens 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

kellibf
    Participant

I am using Prose. I was able to remove the border around the navigation bar using the Genesis design settings. However, I would like to add bottom and top borders (no sides) to the navigation bar. I don’ t know what the code would be to do that and where to put the code. I tried looking in the Prose style sheet, but the border didn’t appear to be divided into top, sides, and bottom, just one unit.

Does anyone know what code to input to add just bottom and top lines to the navigation bar?

Also, is it possible to center the navigation menu? What would the code be for that and where do I put it?

I’m working on customizing my blog before I officially announce it. I am new to WordPress and CSS.

My site is http://www.creatingwholehealth.com.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  kellibf.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  kellibf.

AC
    Blocked

For the borders, do this:

You would add this:

border-top: 2px solid #666666;
    border-bottom: 2px solid #666666;

Change the 2px to whatever thickness you want.

For centering the Navigation, read this: http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/please-help-center-the-menu-options-on-the-nav-bar/

kellibf
    Participant

I kept trying to paste it into the Prose style sheet, but the changes weren’t showing up. Then I went to the custom code section and entered:

#subnav {
    border-top: 1px solid #000000;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #000000;
    }

It worked! Thank you for a simple fix for a newbie.

ellenstevens
    Participant

Same issue here.  I made the necessary changes, but I still get a full border around the nav menu.

What am I missing?

ellenstevens
    Participant

Got it.  :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.