How to increase header height

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to increase header height

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tobin 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

agapeonline
    Participant

I can’t figure out how to increase the header image height to 150px instead of 100px. I changed style.css to say 150 but when I try to upload an image the system wants to crop to 100px. Please help

http://permanentmakeupnews.info/

colson
    Participant

you need to change it in your functions file.  Make sure you have a copy of your functions file first in case you make a mistake with your code you can re upload it. But in your function file look for this below and change the height. there is also two places in your css you usually need to change

/** Add support for custom header */
    add_theme_support( ‘genesis-custom-header’, array(
    ‘width’     => 1140,
    ‘height’     => 164
    ) );

tobin
    Participant

Thanks for the clear instruction for the functions file. Unfortunately, I suck at css. I found some instructions, but was unsuccessful in getting the page to appear correctly – could you help me out with the css code needed? I’m using the fabric theme, if that matters.

colson
    Participant

@tobin:  you need to change the height it the css also I looked at the fabric theme demo and it looks like you only have to change it for the  #header (there should be a min-height) you can increase that too what you want.  So change in the function and in the css for the header.  If that does not work include a link and I can look at your site.

tobin
    Participant

Thanks! I’ve been able to get the header area size to increase appropriately, but am still lost on getting the image to appear. The page is my wife’s blog: http://barefootmel.com.

tobin
    Participant

NM, got it. I had to clear out some settings in the WP dashboard to get it to appear. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.