How to install a banner below Page Title in Eleven40

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to install a banner below Page Title in Eleven40

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

afinevo
    Participant

Hey everyone!  How would I install a 728 x 90 banner below the page title for my site?  I have my site’s tag line in the page title otherwise I would just use that spot.  I would like to have the same borders style for separation between the page title border and the lower 3 columns.  Is it possible not to have it show on just the home page?  If that is too complicated I’m not that worried about it.

This is my site <a href=http://allgaragefloors.com/>All Garage Floors</a>    For a heads up, I’m still learning CSS.

Thanks in advance!

braddalton
    Participant

Several ways to do this.

You can install the Genesis Simple Hooks plugin and simply paste the HTML for your banner into one of the hook locations.

Probably the genesis_after_header hook or something close to that.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

afinevo
    Participant

I just tried that and it works for just sticking the banner in, but it doesn’t create any of the borders that I would like to have in order to give it a clean look.  I want to have a border above and below the add just like the border above and below the page title.  I have no idea on how to create these borders.

Anita
    Participant

You can actually use Brian Gardner’s Welcome Widget Instructions which will give you an additional widget area with the lines you are looking for – http://www.briangardner.com/welcome-text-widget/.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

braddalton
    Participant

Yes or you can add the border using the Advanced Image Settings when you insert the image into a post before grabbing the HTML and pasting into the hook field.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.