How to justify text in posts

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to justify text in posts

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

peps2004
    Participant

I’ve just updated to the new version of the Genesis Framework and I’m loving it. The only problem I’ve had is that I’d previously set my blog to be justified, but since I updated it seems to be left aligned.

How do I revert back to having it be justified? I’m sure it’s just a small code snippet like text-align:justify; but I’m not sure where I should put this.

n.b. I’m only using the Genesis Framework and haven’t got a child theme installed.

Susan

First of all, you shouldn’t be making changes directly to the Genesis framework – I would recommend at least using a free child theme (sample comes to mind).

You would put in text-align: justify to whatever part of your theme’s stylesheet that you would like to justify. If you add a link to your site, I can look at the code to better pinpoint it for you.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

peps2004
    Participant

Hi Susan,

Thanks for the reply. When looking through all the paid themes originally, I hadn’t found a child theme that matched what I was after, whereas the basic framework seemed more suitable for what I wanted.

I’d not realized that there were free child themes though, but looking at the Sample theme, it looks pretty similar to the main framework. The only concern I have is that the sidebar/content/sidebar option seems to get thinner, whereas I prefer the recent update that increased the size of all these areas. If I install the child theme and it’s not what I’m after, I take it I can simply delete Sample and it’ll revert back to the current framework design?

Susan

Yes, if you delete the child theme, it will revert to the Genesis framework.

peps2004
    Participant

Perfect – thanks! I’ve just installed the Sample child theme and added the code and it’s all working OK – thanks for your help :)

Susan

You’re welcome!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How to justify text in posts’ is closed to new replies.