How to keep a page off my sitemap?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion How to keep a page off my sitemap?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lisaleague 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Sundancer
    Participant

Finally – an EASY solution!

Install “[B]PC Hide Pages[/B]” WordPress plugin.  It’s extremely simple. It gives you a list of all your pages (not posts), and you just check off which ones you want to hide. It removes those pages from archives, public sitemap, and search results AND tells the search engines to not index or cache the pages. The pages remain available to anyone that has the exact URL.

Perfect for thank you pages, bonus pages, etc. It’s still important that you don’t have a link to those hidden pages anywhere else on your website, AND that your social sharing plugin doesn’t automatically allow people to share those hidden pages. Also, check that the settings for any automatic cross-linking plugins won’t generate links to your hidden page.

I am so thankful that someone created such a simple, helpful tool!

lisaleague
    Participant

@anitac – I understand what you are saying – but if you check off  “archive” Simply Exclude will NOT keep it off a page that you create using the Archive template type.  It will remove it from a category archive, though. Completely different.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.