How to Let Users Embed Photos from My Site?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to Let Users Embed Photos from My Site?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anita 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

William
    Participant

Hi,

I have a photography blog and I’d like to post some HTML or other script that allows people to embed my photo on their site, Facebook, or wherever they please – sort of like the Share feature on Flickr, YouTube, etc.

Are there plugins or tools to make this a simple process? I ran across something called Embed.ly, but I’m not yet sure if it’s the right option for me.  Thought I’d ask here to see if anyone else has come across this issue.

Thanks for any assistance or recommendations.

Anita
    Participant

I have been looking for that too. The workaround I found was to add the Pinterest button. If they Pin it, they can take the Embed code from there and place it on their site. A visitor click it will be routed to the image on your site.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

William
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, that defeats my purpose.  If they link my content from Pinterest or Flickr, then the link goes back to that domain – not mine.  I use my photos under Creative Commons as a link building strategy to link back to my site, but it’s presently on the Honor system.

It would be better if I just made it easy for folks to copy some code from my site to embed where they want.  That way, they get to use the photo and I get to control the backlink.

Anita
    Participant

William, I just found this and going to give it a try. Let me know if it works for you – http://wpmu.org/offer-embed-codes-for-your-photos-with-the-embed-code-generator-plugin/

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!

William
    Participant

That looks just like what I want.  Thank you!  I really appreciate your help.  Time to test it out.

William
    Participant

Here’s a post on my Test Site if anyone else is interested in how this plugin works.  It creates a panel on the Post page for you to enter the image URL, where to link back, your site name & home page link – and also height & width dimensions (optional).
    http://test.beem.us/test-post-with-image/

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  William.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  William.

Anita
    Participant

Oh wow, you did that so fast! Does it make it on each one or do you do it manually each time?

William
    Participant

It’s manual, but that’s a good thing.  It lets you decide what image and URL to use for the post.  I’m guessing you couldn’t do more than one embed per post, but I haven’t gotten into it very far yet.  It’s quite easy to use.

That means I have a lot of old posts to touch again, but I think it’s well worth the effort. You found exactly what I needed.  Thanks!

Anita
    Participant

Sure, glad I could help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.