How to make a "sub theme" of Prose

Community Forums Forums General Discussion How to make a "sub theme" of Prose

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  thorn 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

thorn
    Participant

I have the Prose child theme and plan on using it to design several websites. Is there way to create several customizations (for different websites) and save them seperatly under different names. I know I probably have not been very clear but I basically want to create a theme using Prose, then “save as” and then create another theme for another website. Thanks in advance.

thorn
    Participant

By the way I thought about it and I think what I want to do is create a template from the Prose theme for each website I build and then when the actual Prose theme is upgraded it wont mess with each individual template, right?

emasai
    Participant

Just copy the whole theme, rename the folder, then add any customizations to each different theme. Most important do not do this on a site which is activated, and read this article on how to rename child themes, there are several steps involved:

http://www.rvamedia.com/wordpress/rename-genesis-child-theme

Just because a child theme is updated it does not mean that you have to do the same. Some of the updates look nothing like the original. It is not like updating WordPress or Genesis to a new version.

Need Website Customization or a Responsive CSS fix? Contact Me
    Lynne emasai.com

thorn
    Participant

Thanks for your help. I read that article, however not sure if I am able to edit the code. Is there any simpler way?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.