How to make a theme responsive

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to make a theme responsive

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 20 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  john gronley 12 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

john gronley
    Participant

Thank you I wasn’t aware that converting to HTML5 doesn’t make the site responsive? How can I make a theme responsive? Is there a way to do it or do I have to change themes? I was going to clone a few using colbaltapps?

emasai
    Participant

If you know nothing about CSS then I would suggest you change themes. Making a fixed width site responsive would require quite a lot of changes.

Need Website Customization or a Responsive CSS fix? Contact Me
    Lynne emasai.com

john gronley
    Participant

Yes I might do that or go with the Hostgator mobi

john gronley
    Participant

I was looking at the Responsive themes and some are HTML5 and others don’t say that they are? Do most of the plugins work with HTML5? If responsiveness is going to be an SEO issue in the sense that only responsive themes will be displayed on handhelds then it almost makes no sense to use an old theme anymore if you won’t be able to rank with Google in the future?

stevehouston
    Participant

John,

What is recommended is going with a dedicated mobile theme/site not a responsive theme. I agree with this approach and it is what we have been educating users for the last 12-18 months. In our research and opinion, the end user (you) is much better served on many levels, particularly when you are dealing with Google + Local, the old Google Maps, where your site could and we believe many are, being penalized in search for not having a mobile ready site.

We design very good mobile sites for businesses that you own and serves to get your mobile customers the information they want, and that is description of your business, directions and phone and we believe a business overview video , we have found throughout 3 years of research, that people want to do business with people they like,know and trust relationship and nothing can do that better than video. So those are the key ingredients to a mobile ready site. This can be done without a great deal of expense customized for your wife’s business. Message me and I will send you a link to review.

john gronley
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.