How to make header bkgrd img repeat?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to make header bkgrd img repeat?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  blissedchic 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

heatherdiem
    Participant

I’m sure I’m missing something simple. I’m working with the Outreach child template, and have spent the better part of the afternoon trying to make this work.  When resized/being responsive I want to the background image of the header to repeat, and fill in the header space.  I’ve tried various configurations of repeat-x and repeat-y in the background attribute.  Even the separate attribute “background-repeat:repeat-y;”

I appreciate any pointers.

#header {
    background: #090909 url(http://singlefamilyofhope.org/test/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/cropped-headerTurq2.png) center repeat;
    margin: 0 auto;
    min-height: 120px;
    overflow: hidden;
    width: 100%;
    }

heatherdiem
    Participant

I found a workaround, by picking apart someone else’s page.   They used Jetpack( and thus, I did,) which sets up inline style overrides….but why should this even be necessary?

blissedchic
    Participant

Hi Heather,

What was the workaround you did? Is this to remove the white box to the right side of the header? I’ve been trying to figure this one out but no luck..

Thanks,

Marina

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.