How to Make Top Nav Bar Unsticky

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to Make Top Nav Bar Unsticky

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

theBGguy

I’m using the Magazine Pro theme and just tried using the plugin Attention Grabber (like Hello Bar) to promote my products (disabled because of the following problem). The problem is that when you scroll down the page, the top navigation bar sticks but the space where the attention grabber was sticks as well so it leaves a wide open space between the two (which looks terrible because you can see the page scrolling between the top of the page and the top nav bar).

So, is there a way to make the top nav like a typical website and let it scroll up vs. remain sticky?

Thanks!

Bruce

http://www.WiredToGrow.com

anitac
    Participant

Yes, look for this in your style.css file:

.nav-primary {
        background-color: #222222;
        position: fixed;
        width: 100%;
        z-index: 999;
    }

Change the word “fixed” to “absolute”.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

theBGguy

Awesome. Now, if someone can help me find the custom CSS file that disappeared from my dashboard an hour ago, I’ll be all set :-)

anitac
    Participant

Oh shoot, I don’t know if I can help you with that. How long was the custom CSS in there for? A few seconds, hours, a day?

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘How to Make Top Nav Bar Unsticky’ is closed to new replies.