How to modify Enterprise theme body and sidebar spacing?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to modify Enterprise theme body and sidebar spacing?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  eranm 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

eranm
    Participant

I am using the Enterprise child theme and would like to know how to change the spacing between the body content and the sidebar on all pages?

As you can see from looking at this sample page http://bestloansaustralia.com.au/car-loans-sydney/ there is quite a lot of unused white space to the right of the body content area.

How can I expand that usuable space from 600 px to – say 800, or 750 – or whatever else?

Also, how do I modify the width of the sidebar as well, in case I need to widen or narrow it without modifying the body content width?

Please note that I am a near-beginner with html/css/php coding, so any instructions you provide, could you please include line numbers and other useful info to help me find where to make changes?

Thanks in advance & a Merry Christmas to all at StudioPress.

Eran Malloch

anitac
    Participant

You can increase the width of the Content area to about 700:

.content-sidebar #content, .sidebar-content #content {
    width: 600px;
    }

Then adjust the sidebar to about 170px:

.sidebar {
    display: inline;
    float: right;
    font-size: 13px;
    line-height: 20px;
    width: 270px;
    }

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

eranm
    Participant

Thanks Anitac.  That did the trick :-)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.