how to modify the tagline in Minimum

Community Forums Forums General Discussion how to modify the tagline in Minimum

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tommalcolm 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

tommalcolm
    Participant

[Minimum theme 2.0 - theentrepreneursart.com]

Hello,

I want to modify the tagline for appearance, size, color (the usual) is that in the css.style file? If so, I’m not seeing the words I’ve used in my tagline, in that file.

Also, how do I make the tag line not appear on certain pages, but still keep it on other pages?

Thanks,

Tom

Riavon
    Participant

Hi, I don’t have the Minimum theme but I am certain this is the same, look for p#description in your style.css and you can alter that to style your tagline. Be sure you’ve entered tagline text under Settings/General of course.

As far as hiding it on some pages and not on others (not sure why you’d want to do that?) this is not a functionality that is built into Genesis or the child theme, simply because it’s best practice to keep your header consistent across all pages of your site. If you want to do that anyway, you’d most likely have to set up custom page templates and/or body classes in which the p#description is display:none;

Twitter: @riavonentprises

goddess
    Participant

Tom- Check the page-title template for the tagline display php code, you should be able to work out an special cases there with WP conditionals.

tommalcolm
    Participant

Thank you Riavon and Goddess!!

Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘how to modify the tagline in Minimum’ is closed to new replies.