How to move navigation menu

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to move navigation menu

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sassymomblog 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

sassymomblog
    Participant

I have the modern blogger theme, I want to move the navigation menu (social media icons) from my header to the sidebar. I tried just moving it in the widget area but it doesn’t look right.   http://www.alittlebitsassy.com/

SoZo

You need to edit the selectors of the style rules being applied from using #header ul.menu li a to .sidebar ul.menu li

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

sassymomblog
    Participant

So to make sure I understand, I change each one that says that correct?

SoZo

Either that or add new selectors to each grouping.

And I recommend installing the Firebug add on for Firefox or using Chrome’s Firebug Lite which will enable you to right click on any element to inspect it and determine the associated style rules or the selectors required to create new style rules.

sassymomblog
    Participant

Ok I changed the code to sidebar, and it definitely looks better, but I would like the buttons to be on the same row and within the sidebar. It looks as if it’s split.  Changing codes freaks me out, I’m scared to screw it all up. lol http://www.alittlebitsassy.com/

sassymomblog
    Participant

Ok I noticed when I moved them to a different order in the widget area in ended up on top of another widget,  not sure what I need to do to fix this.

SoZo

Floats can mess up height detection. Add “overflow: hidden;” to the .sidebar .wiget rule.

And to get rid of the dots add “background: none;” to #sidebar ul.nav li, #sidebar ul.menu li

sassymomblog
    Participant

It worked!   Now I just need them to line up horizontally, but I think I can figure it out, well I’m gonna try to anyway.  I’m determined to figure this all out. lol Thanks for you help!

sassymomblog
    Participant

Ok, I’ve tried everything to get them to line up horizontally, nothing has worked, any ideas?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.