How to move Post Date & Comments Link

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to move Post Date & Comments Link

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cdils 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

erinfults
    Participant

Hi, I am using the Executive theme and am trying to figure out how to move the post date and comments link to below the post title. Based on what I’ve read it looks like using a hook might be the answer, but I can’t seem to figure it out beyond that. Any help is much appreciated!!

-Erin

http://blog.fasttrackphotographer.com/blog/

cdils
    Participant

Hi Erin,

Open up functions.php and look for this bit of code:

/** Relocate the post info */
    remove_action( ‘genesis_before_post_content’, ‘genesis_post_info’ );
    add_action( ‘genesis_before_post_title’, ‘genesis_post_info’ );

On that second line, instead of ‘genesis_before_post_title’, you’ll want it to be ‘genesis_after_post_title’, like this:

/** Relocate the post info */
    remove_action( ‘genesis_before_post_content’, ‘genesis_post_info’ );
    add_action( ‘genesis_after_post_title’, ‘genesis_post_info’ );

Cheers,

Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

erinfults
    Participant

Thanks so much Carrie!

sacousino
    Participant

Howdee! I was looking for this bit of info and was happy to find it. I was able to move my post info below the post title.

But now, the text for the post is immediately below the post info with no line break between the two. I’ve tried adding that into the blog post itself with an   or simply a blank <div> function, but any space generated is simply too big.

An example post showing this oddity is here: http://www.specializedeventsatsea.com/cruise-ship-stateroom-demystified/

What can I do to incorporate a line break?

thanks!

cdils
    Participant

Hi there,
    Instead of using a line break, you can add some margin or padding to the CSS of that post info. Something like this:

.post-info {
    margin-bottom: 15px;
    }

Cheers,
    Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.