How to Position Background Image on Landing Page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to Position Background Image on Landing Page

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  charriott4 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

kevinburke2
    Participant

Ok guys, I’ll admit I’m a newbie, and probably should be paying someone to do this. I’m using the eleven40 theme. While I build out the site, I’m wanting to create a “Coming Soon” landing page where people can sign up to be notified when we launch. I’ve done a few edits to my landing-page.php file already, but have a few more questions/needs.

Take a look at this screen shot to see what I’m talking about: Screenshot

I would like to remove the horizontal line that appears towards the top of the page.
    I would also like to position the “iPad” image in the center of the page. I will be inserting an aweber form inside of the image. But I’d like for the image to be centered on the page…does that make sense?

Thank in advance for any help!

charriott4
    Participant

Use the backgorund-position: center; in the CSS

Web Designs By Chrissy | Twitter @designbychrissy

Follow Me On Facebook

braddalton
    Participant

You can also use the advanced image settings by editing the image after its inserted.

Hover over the image until a small window displays and click the small icon.

You’ll find advanced settings for a border, alignment and horizontal/vertical spacing.

Might need to see the page live to remove the line after inspecting with Firebug.

Can you post a link to your site please.

WordPress Developer & Consultant
    Brad Dalton400+ StudioPress Tutorials & 1200+ Code snippets

kevinburke2
    Participant

Brad, the problem with just inserting an image into the page is that I need it as a background image….i think. I’m wanting my aweber form to go inside the image, so the image has to be a background image on the page?!?

braddalton
    Participant

Well that is different

WordPress Developer & Consultant
    Brad Dalton400+ StudioPress Tutorials & 1200+ Code snippets

charriott4
    Participant

Kevin, did you try setting the background position to center?

Web Designs By Chrissy | Twitter @designbychrissy

Follow Me On Facebook

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.