How to set Font…

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to set Font…

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Marcy 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

computerkitten
    Participant

How do I set the font for the Body tag to use the Open Sans family of fonts? I’m not sure if this font is standard or not on a PC/Mac. I usually always have used the common fonts and knew at some point I would need to learn how to set a font that isn’t standard. So haven’t grasped the concept. Anyways… how do I set this? I will start, but don’t think this is quite right because it has to download it from somewhere else, right? Anyways…. please correct.

font-family: ‘Open Sans’, sans-serif;

Thanks!

Marcy
    Participant

You can use Google Fonts to add Open Sans

http://www.google.com/fonts

The easiest way it to add Google’s @import to the top of your style.css. Depending on which weight of the fonts you choose to include you may also need to add a font-weight.

This plugin can also help with Google Fonts.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/google-typography/

computerkitten
    Participant

Thanks for explaining.

Now I loaded that Google Fonts Typography plugin and see how to set the font styles to let us say, the “body” tag. And did that. However I need to be able to set the font for a gallery and the titles within the gallery. So that part needs to be done through the style sheet with @import. Can you please explain where I define this and exactly what I define in the styles sheet for the @import of the “Open Sans” font that is of normal type?

Thanks!

Marcy
    Participant

Generically you can try this:
    In the typography plugin, click Add New.
    Then you can try adding the Google font you want with the CSS selector (in the last box on the right) of .gallery

That should get most of the selectors in your gallery; otherwise I need to see a link your site.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.