How to setup a product sales type site?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to setup a product sales type site?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dave_s 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

dave_s
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to figure out the best way to go about setting up a site for promoting products.

What I’m trying to achieve is:

1. Have a landing page.

2. Have a SHOP page with each product category in a grid. When a product category is clicked it takes the person to a page with all the products relevant to that category listed in grid format.

3. When the person clicks on a product it takes them to a page which explains all about that particular product.

Are there any tutorials explaining how to go about doing this? Or, are there any child themes someone could recommend?

Many Thanks
    Dave

Anita
    Participant

You can use the WooCommerce plugin with any one of the themes – http://www.woothemes.com/woocommerce/. Check out the plugin.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

dave_s
    Participant

Hi anitac,

I took a look at the Woocommerce plugin but it appears to be aimed at those who have products of their own to sell.

The site I’m wanting to build will be predominantly affiliate based, so I would have no need for ‘add to cart/checkout’ type functionality.

Being a bit thick I can’t for the life of me figure out how to style the site in the way I explained above. There must be a way, right? :)

Cheers
    Dave

Anita
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

dave_s
    Participant

Any other ideas… anyone? :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.